The LINDY U8C Modular KVM switch is designed to be easily installed into the back of our range of Modular LCD KVM Consoles to add multiple server/computer control, and is based on our U8 Modular KVM switch.
The U8C Modular KVM switch supports traditional PS/2 mouse and keyboard connections as well as modern USB connections and supports Windows, Mac and SUN operating systems.
The U8C Modular KVM switch features a modular design offering the ability to add a second console featuring remote access either via an IP remote extension unit or via a remote Cat.5 extender unit. Using this method, system administrators are able to access and administrate their servers and KVM switches from a remote office workstation. The optional access modules can be purchased separately and are simply installed into the back of the U8C Modular KVM switch.
The U8C KVM has a fully featured OSD (On Screen Display), allowing the easy set up and management of the switch, and supports resolutions up to 1920x1440 using the local console.
This KVM switch incorporates a modular design concept which allows for dual console access. The switch can also be daisy chained with further U8/16C Modular KVM Switches to control up to 128 servers/workstations from 8 daisy chained 16 port KVM switches.
Specifications & Features
- 8 port KVM switch in a 1U, 19” rackmount size design
- Built-in daisy chain port allows daisy chaining of up to 8 LINDY 'U'or 'P' series KVM switches to support up to 128 computers
- Local console operation plus optional KVM over IP or KVM over Cat.5 control modules
- Remote mass storage device support for KVM over IP access for version U8/16-IP
- Supports all commonly used operating systems
- Support for PC, Mac and Sun computers with USB ports
- Hot Plug Support - add or remove computers and KVM switches for maintenance without powering down the switch or the connected computers
- High Quality Video – Local console supports display resolutions of up to 1920x1440 with cable lengths up to 10m
- No software required for local or Cat.5 KVM access - easy PC selection via On Screen Display Menu, Push Buttons or Keyboard Hot Keys
- Provides various Hotkeys (Scroll-Lock/ Caps-Lock/ Num-Lock/ L-Alt/ L-Ctrl/ L-Win/ R-Alt/ R-Ctrl/ R-Win) for switching computer ports and other control functions
- Integrated password security protection for up to 8 users + admin with access control list restrictions for the users
- Eight character password protection and search function for server name
- Remote IP enterprise security architecture, password protected using encrypted data transmission either via secured web browser session
- Auto Scan Mode for monitoring computers with adjustable scan time from 5~99 seconds
- Keyboard status is automatically restored when switching between computers
- LED Display for easy status monitoring
- Buzzer sound for port switching confirmation
- Uses special single connector USB/PS/2 + VGA KVM cables with 15 Way Hi-Density connectors at the KVM Switch end
- Maintains continuous keyboard and mouse emulation
- Dimensions: 44.5 x 17 x 4.4 cm